SmartFeeder (2nd Generation)
In order to get the light to illuminate on the Feeder Base let's follow these steps:
- On the back of your Feeder Base, confirm that the power switch is on and exposing the green sticker.
- Check for a tight micro USB connection into the port underneath the Feeder Base.
- Confirm that the wall adapter is plugged in securely as well.
Attempt the following troubleshoots:
- Remove and insert the micro USB cord into the charging port.
- Try inserting a separate micro USB cord into the charting port/ or using a different wall unit.
- Power cycle the Feeder Base by toggling the power switch off/on.
If you still are unable to get the unit to power on, please contact our Customer Support Team at email@example.com or at (855) 738-4650. We would love to help.
SmartFeeder (1st Generation)
- Using the release latch, remove the bowl from the feeder base. Look inside the feeder base on the bottom right for 12 gold connection pins. If you see any pins that look “stuck” pushed in or damaged/ bent, contact our Customer Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (855) 738-4650. If not, continue to the next step.
- While your bowl is out of the feeder base, power cycle the bowl, then plug the micro USB cord directly into the back of the bowl. Wait for the LED lights to flash. If the lights flash, this means that your bowl is receiving power, however, there is an issue with your Feeder Base supplying power to your bowl when fully connected.
- Charging your bowl directly overnight will provide you with up to 8 to 10 hours of feeding time the next day.
- If the lights on the bowl do not flash then please try a separate micro USB cord if one is available. If not, please contact our Support Team.
To reassemble the SmartFeeder, place the metal tray insert on the bow and place itl back into the feeder base carefully while pressing on the release latch.